Save Search
Sort By

Real Estate Listings For Rent in Harwood, Toronto

8 Real Estate Listings For Rent in Harwood, Toronto

of 0


Harwood is a neighbourhood within Toronto, Ontario, which is situated in the Greater Toronto Area metropolitan area.


This part of the city offers homeowners several alternative modes of transportation. Harwood is especially transit friendly. For example, the neighbourhood is served by a few bus lines, and bus stops are usually nearby. Travelling on foot is also reasonably practical for home buyers in this neighbourhood; most daily needs are convenient to carry out without having to resort to a vehicle, and there are also a fair number of businesses close by. Harwood is conducive to biking because the bicycling infrastructure is extensive.


Families will appreciate that no matter where their home is situated in Harwood, schools and daycares are nearby. With respect to eating, it is very often an option for home buyers in this part of the city to buy general and specialty groceries on foot. Additionally, there is typically a restaurant or cafe in close proximity. It is also convenient to get to a selection of clothing stores on foot.


The character of Harwood is exemplified by its calm environment. This neighbourhood is quiet overall, as the streets are usually tranquil - however some areas can be quite noisy, especially close to one of the railway lines. Finally, greenery is reasonably prominent in this area; there are a few public green spaces nearby for residents to enjoy, such as Ontario Hydro Lands, making it very easy to reach them. Residents will also find that numerous tree-lined streets are present.


Townhouses are the predominant housing type, representing roughly one third of dwellings in Harwood, while the remainder are mainly large apartment buildings and single detached homes. This part of Toronto offers mainly four or more bedroom and three bedroom homes. Homeowners occupy roughly 60% of the units in Harwood while the rest are rented. Around 40% of homes in this neighbourhood were constructed prior to the 1960s, while many of the remaining buildings were built in the 1960s and the 2000s.