Save Search
Sort By

Single Family Homes For Sale in Lower Doon, Kitchener

3 Single Family Homes For Sale in Lower Doon, Kitchener

of 0

Lower Doon

Located in the Kitchener - Cambridge - Waterloo metropolitan area, Lower Doon is a neighbourhood within Kitchener, Ontario.


Driving is very often the favoured method of transportation in Lower Doon. It is especially convenient to park, and most real estate listings are a short drive from the closest highway, such as Highway 401. However, residents using public transit may experience few choices in Lower Doon due to the low service level. Nonetheless, homeowners are served by a few bus lines, and most houses are very close to a bus stop. It is easy to commute by bicycle in this part of the city as there are a fair number of bike lanes. This neighbourhood is not very well-suited for walking as very few common errands can be run without having to use a vehicle.


It is a rather short walk to access both primary and secondary schools from any location in this part of the city. On the other hand, parents may find it very difficult for their kids to reach daycares as a pedestrian. As far as eating is concerned, it is very rarely feasible for house buyers in Lower Doon to shop for their groceries by walking. There are a few restaurants in this neighbourhood.


Lower Doon offers a slower-paced atmosphere and will appeal to home buyers who enjoy spending time outdoors. Most areas in this part of Kitchener are quiet, as there are usually low levels of noise from traffic - however some areas can be quite loud, especially closer to Highway 401. Lastly, it is very easy to access green spaces in the neighbourhood since there are a few of them nearby for residents to enjoy.


In Lower Doon, many dwellings are single detached homes, whereas the rest are mainly small apartment buildings and townhouses. This area is primarily composed of four or more bedroom and three bedroom homes. Around 70% of the properties in the neighbourhood are occupied by homeowners while the rest are rented. About 30% of properties in this area were built after the year 2000, while the majority of the remaining buildings were constructed in the 1960s and the 1980s.