Residential
Commercial
Reset
Search
Filters
Save Search
Results:
3
Listings
Sort By

Single Family Homes For Sale in Elgin Park, Cambridge

3 Single Family Homes For Sale in Elgin Park, Cambridge

of 0

Elgin Park

The neighbourhood of Elgin Park is part of the city of Cambridge, Ontario, which is situated in the Kitchener - Cambridge - Waterloo metropolitan area.

Transportation

Elgin Park is reasonably car friendly. Parking is generally easy. In contrast, the public transit network in this part of Cambridge is not very practical. Thankfully, residents have access to a few bus lines, and bus stops are ordinarily nearby. Elgin Park is not very cycling-friendly as there are quite a few slopes, and there are few bike lanes. Travelling by foot in this neighbourhood is also not very common, despite the fact that most daily needs are easy to meet on foot.

Services

Families will value that no matter where their home is located in Elgin Park, primary schools are nearby. However, there are no high schools in this area. When it comes to eating, a vehicle is commonly required in Elgin Park to access the closest supermarket. Nevertheless, reaching the closest pharmacy and consequently some staple foods is usually convenient. There are also a limited number of opportunities for those who value restaurants within walking distance.

Character

People who prefer a slower-paced environment will enjoy Elgin Park. This area is reasonably quiet overall, as noise from the streets and other parts of the city is rarely an issue - although that is not the case closer to the railway line. Finally, parks, such as Gordon Chaplin Park, are especially well-situated and there are a few of them close by for residents to enjoy, which makes it easy to reach them.

Housing

In Elgin Park, about half of dwellings are single detached homes, and the rest of the dwellings are mainly small apartment buildings and townhouses. This area offers mainly two bedroom and three bedroom homes. Homeowners occupy roughly 55% of the dwellings in Elgin Park while the rest are rented. About 45% of homes in this area were built in the 1960s and 1970s, while many of the remaining buildings were constructed pre-1960 and in the 1980s.